Walmart Pharmacy Coupons
Walmart Pharmacy Coupons will help you save money on your drugs and prescriptions, especially if you decide to transfer your prescription from a pharmacy like Target or Walreens to Walmart.. Discounts are available as printable coupons or coupon codes. If you have any coupons to submit for use at Walmart pharmacies, please do so in the comment field below, making sure to leave the entire Walmart coupon code or gift card number. If our coupon codes don’t work, let us know so we can update the site with the most current and valid coupons for the Walmart pharmacy.
Walmart Discount Prescription Program
Walmart pharmacy savings can also be utilized by taking advantage of Walmart’s Discount Prescription Program. This system offers several advantages to those filling Walmart prescriptions, including:
- Generic prescriptions for $4 (30-day supply)
- Generic prescriptions for $10 (90-day supply)
- Certain women’s health prescriptions for $9/$24 (10/30-day supply)
The details of the program are pretty straight-forward, but in case you’re interested in learning a bit more here are the main facts:
- You can take advantage of discount generic prescriptions at all pharmacies located in every Walmart, Sam’s Club and Walmart Neighborhood Market in the United States (with the exception of North Dakota, for an unspecified reason).
- The discount prescription prices only apply to a certain, pre-specified list of generic drugs. While this is limiting, and doesn’t help people save money on new 2011 medicines and prescriptions, the list of covered medications is rather sizable and covers a majority of the “most prescribed” drugs in America.
- The $4 and $10 prices only apply to Walmart refers to as “commonly prescribed dosages”. Chances are, if your doctor wrote a 30-day supply for a generic, it will be $4. However, if you ask that doctor to prescribe a six month supply, especially if you take it often and without side effects (birth control, insulin, etc,) keep in mind that there may be an additional charge to cover the augmented supply.
- There are more drugs covered by the $4/30-day supply program than from the $10/90-day supply. If you prefer to refill your prescriptions less often, make sure to call Walmart ahead and see if a 90-day supply of your medicine is offered under the $10 program.
- The price of your prescription is prorated if your doctor writes a prescription that is longer than a 30-day supply. For example, if he writes you a 31 day prescription, it will cost about $4 + ($4/30) = $4.13. (approximation)
- Walmart does remind customers that some women’s health products and medications are covered by a $9/30-day or $24/90-day schedule, as opposed to the above $4/$10 options. Call your pharmacy ahead if you need to know the price of your women’s health products.
- Always double-check with your health or insurance provider, as they may have rules or guidelines that conflict with Walmart’s Discount Prescription program. (some insurance companies or health care plans do not cover 90-day prescription plans)
More Walmart Pharmacy Coupons
WalMart Pharmacy offers every day low price on many prescriptions drugs. They offer many generic prescription drugs for $4 for a 30 day supply and $10 for a 90 day supply. You can check your local ad or value of the day on the official website at www.walmart.com. Discounts found here may be for items in the pharmacy or other non prescription medicines and health and beauty items. You may find these ads also in your local Sunday newspaper insert.
Sometimes coupons may be purchased in bulk at Ebay.com or found on other sites such as www.mycoupons.com, pharmacyprescriptioncoupons.com and others. These sites can be find simply by entering “WalMart Pharmacy coupons” in any reliable search engine. If you find coupons on these sites, make sure they are valid before printing. Be sure to check limitations and restrictions on coupons before using and if you have any questions about any coupon, contact the staff at your local WalMart Pharmacy for more information.
Walmart Pharmacy and Store
You might not have noticed, but Wal-Mart officially became “Walmart” in 2008 during a rebranding campaign. Dash or no dash, the company is a behamouth, claiming the world’s #1 spot in revenue for a public corporation in 2010. Founder Sam Walton opened his first store in 1962, followed seven years later by incorporation in 1969. The chain holds its headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas.
Walmart boasts nearly 9,000 stores in 15 countries. Outside of the United States, Walmart operates in Puerto Rico, Japan, India and the United Kingdom. Walmart is a publicially traded company and can be found on the New York Stock Exchange as “WMT”.
Don’t stop here, we heave plenty of other pages with pharmacy coupons and discounts, such ah as Rite-Aid Pharmacy coupons, Target Pharmacy coupons, Walgreens Pharmacy coupons, as well as CVS Pharmacy coupons.